Mardi Himal Trek is one of the most exciting and adventurous trekking routes of Nepal. The trek is undoubtedly an unseen gem that not many tourists know about. Situated near the Mount Machhapuchhre, Mardi Himal is one of the lesser-known mountains. However, the trail to this trek is quite extraordinary to walk with stunning views along the way. Mardi Himal trail goes through splendid rhododendron forest with small curving paths. Finally, you climb out of the woods to see the fantastic landscape with views of Mardi Himal, Annapurna South, and Machhapuchhre.
Like most of the Annapurna treks, the Mardi Himal Trek begins and ends in Pokhara. The tourist hub is also a perfect place to rest after the arduous treks. This trek route is a part of the Annapurna Conservation Area. The trekking takes us from the 800-meter elevation of Pokhara to the 4500-meter height of the Mardi Himal Base Camp.
Recently Opened Trekking Route
For a long time, this trek was done by only a few trekking groups who used to their tents and food themselves. However, the trekking route officially opened in 2012. Since then, it has witnessed new-found popularity. As it can be completed within a week, trekkers who have shortage of time, are preferring this trek. Moreover, the view we see as we walk along the ridges of the hills is quite extraordinary.
Mardi Himal Trek has everything. We travel through stone-made stairs, traverse through dense forest, hike through rocky pathways and even walk on snowy slopes. So, it is an all-round trekking experience. Additionally, you can incorporate this trek with several other treks like Annapurna Base Camp Trek, Poonhill Trek, Khopra Trek, Ghandruk Trek, and Mulde Trek, among others. The best time to do this trek is October-November. March-May is a good time as well. Any other time, it’s either too hot or too cold to trek.
From the valley to the Mountains in a short time
Mardi Himal Trek is also a highly sought-out trek because it involves going from the valley of Pokhara in merely two days. So, within a short time, you will be changing altitude from 800 meters to over 4000 meters. However, that does not mean that altitude sickness will strike you down. It is not that harsh for your body, and you’ll also save time.
Mesmerizing view from the top
On the first two days, you traverse through dense forest with an uphill climb. You only get some obstructed views of the mountains once in a while. However, upon reaching the ridge above Mid-camp, the scenario changes drastically. All of a sudden you’re surrounded by mountains and walking above the clouds. You’ll feel as if you’re inside a painting as you witness some picturesque views of the Annapurna range and Machhapuchhre.
You decide what is best & we’ll take care of the rest
- The itinerary mentioned is a standard guideline. We can readily modify it according to your needs and requirements.
- The cost of the trek can also be changed according to your group size, needs, and time boundary.
- You can easily add additional activities into the Itinerary. You just have to let us know before confirming the trip.
- This trip can also start from the capital city of Kathmandu. You have to let us know if you want to begin there. In that case, the Itinerary will extend by a few days. Consequently, the cost will also increase.
- The addition or removal of activities will increase or decrease the cost of the trip respectively. This will be done through mutual understanding between the agency and the client(s).