Trekking the combined Manaslu circuit with the Tsum valley trek is gaining popularity these days as one of the best hiking routes in Nepal. This trek is for the trekkers who want to experience trekking of both the Manaslu circuit and Tsum Valley at the same time.
Trekking the Manaslu circuit and Tsum Valley involves hiking one of the most difficult trails in the beautiful Himalayan region of Nepal. This combined trail is considered a more challenging trip with long walks, steep tracks, and an astonishing view of the Himalayas.
What are the Manaslu Circuit and Tsum Valley combined Trek Highlights?
- You will be passing through one of the mesmerizing high pass Larkya La Pass(5220 meters) and the eighth tallest mountain in the world- Mount Manaslu(8163 meters) which are the major sources of attraction.
- You will get a chance to hike through the less explored and hidden valleys inside the Manaslu region.
- You can explore many cultural sites, old monasteries, Gumbas, ancient sculptures and carving on the way.
- One can experience the natural panoramic view of the highest snow-capped mountains like Mt. Manaslu, Himchuli, Ngadi, Ganesh Himal, Larkye Peak, Simrang and many more.
- Walking through the glaciers, typical Nepali hanging bridges over the fast-flowing rivers.
- Fast flowing stream and rivers, green forests, close view of many species of birds and animals.
- This trekking route is less crowded than the other hiking trails like Annapurna Circuit Trek, Everest Base Camp trek and more.
- You can be familiar with the Nepali culture with the blend of Tibetian Buddhist culture and the lifestyle of the local peoples.
A short video of Manaslu Circuit with Tsum valley trek.
19 days brief Trek itinerary
- Day 01: Kathmandu/Pokhara to Sotikhola ( Bus/Jeep) -8 Hrs
- Day 02: Sotikhola to Machhakhola (5 Hrs)
- Day 03: Machhakhola to Jagat (5-6 Hrs)
- Day 04: Jagat to Lakuwa (2240m) 6-7Hrs)
- Day 05: Lakuwa to Ripche (2470m) 6 Hrs
- Day 06: Ripche tp Chhekampar (3030m) 6 hrs
- Day 07: Chhekampar to Chhule(3360m) 5 hrs
- Day 08: Chhule to Mugompa (2:30) Explore day
- Day 09: Mugopma to Lar (3245m) 5 Hrs
- Day 10: Lar to Chumling ( 3200m) 6 Hrs
- Day 11: Chumling to Bihi Phedi (2130m) 6 Hrs (Lunch pack)
- Day 12: Bihi Phedi to Namrung( 2660 m) 7 Hrs
- Day 13: Namrung to Samagaun ( 3030m) 6-7 Hrs
- Day 14: Samagaun to Samdo ( 3690m) 5 Hrs
- Day 15: Samdo to Dharmashala/Larkey Phedi (4470m) 5 Hrs
- Day 16: Dharmashala to Larkey Pass (5106m)-Bhimtang ( 3720m) 9 Hrs Lunch Pack
- Day 17: Bhimtang to Gho(2560m) 6 Hrs
- Day 18: Gho to Tal Village ( 1700m)
- Day 19: Tal Village to Besishahar ( jeep drive 4 Hrs) and back to Pokhara or Kathmandu
Also, the trek can be fully customized as per your requirements, availability, and budget.
What is the most favorable time for trekking the Manaslu Circuit and Tsum Valley?
Hiking in Nepal is favorable in almost all the seasons except for the winter. The weather will be warm most of the time. But there will always be chances of heavy snowfall. Due to the extreme cold, it will be more difficult to trek in the winter season and also the rocky trails get covered with snow which makes it even more dangerous for trekking.
So the Manaslu circuit with Tsum valley trek can be done in all other seasons except the winter season. Talking about the best months and weather to trek, months of March to May and September to December are marked as the best season for trekking.
Manaslu Circuit with Tsum valley trekking Map
The Manaslu and the Tsum Valley Trek is moderately difficult hiking. However, you must be physically capable to endure the long walks on the rocky roads. Also at higher altitudes, there will always be the risk of getting Altitude Sickness. If you are looking for a short length trek that does not require long walks and higher altitudes, you can check out our other packages on the website.
Required Permits for the trek
Trekking the Manaslu circuit and Tsum valley will require a number of permits as both trails are listed on the restricted areas by the government of Nepal. Also, a minimum number of two people is compulsory for the trek. Required documents for issuing the permits.
- 4 photographs
Note: If you are planning your trek with us, we can manage the permits for you before your arrival. For that, you will have to send us the colored copy of the passport, photos, and insurance.
What is the Cost of the Manaslu Circuit with Tsum Valley Trekking?
The cost of trekking the Manaslu Circuit with Tsum Valley cost around USD [to-do] with us. It will include all the accommodations at tea houses and hotels, meals, trekking equipment. You can check what’s includes and excluded within the cost of these packages below.
Why choose North Nepal Travel and Trek?
Your health and safety is the most important thing for us during the trek. All of our guides are licensed, skilled and highly experienced. They are prepared to handle any kind of situation efficiently.
At higher altitudes, there are many risk factors of getting leg injury, accidents, altitude sickness and more. Our guides and staff are well prepared for this kind of circumstance. We are well equipped with the medical kits, all the required trekking equipment. In case of emergency, we can even manage a helicopter rescue immediately. We can also manage all the required permits and documents for the trek before your arrival in Nepal.
If you are looking for a professional travel and trekking agency in Pokhara to plan your trekking, then you can rely on us for this. And we will assure you that you will be fully satisfied with your overall trekking experience and make a lot of unforgettable memory with us.
More about the Manaslu and Tsum Valley Trek package
Larkya La Pass
Larkya La pass is one of the highest passes in the world. This is the main attraction of the Manaslu circuit trek. This pass is the main factor that makes the trek more adventurous and worthy. You can also experience a mesmerizing natural view of some of the tallest mountains of the world which are covered with snow and shines bright when the rays of the sun hit the white snow.
Food and Accommodation during the trek
We will always thrive to provide you the best quality services at an affordable cost. For the trek, we can manage the accommodation and food as per your needs. We have a good relationship with many hotels, lodges, guesthouses, teahouses, and restaurants on the way of trekking.
The accommodation during the trek will be simple and pretty decent. We will be staying on the teahouses or lodges on the way. The rooms there will be comfortable and most of the teahouses will have the facility of electricity, well manage bathrooms, hot water shower, wifi and more. However, accommodation at higher altitudes can be more costly.
You can choose from a wide variety of meals like Continental, Chinese, Indian, etc as per your need during the trek. However typical Nepali rice, dal, tarkari are served more at higher altitudes as its more hygienic and fresh.
Having a water purification bottle or bringing some kind of water purifying tablets is always recommended.
Packing List for Trekking
- Smartphone with navigation apps or you can also carry a trekking map.
- Sleeping Bag: You should carry a small sleeping bag for you as the temperature at higher altitudes will be very cold.
- Hiking shoes, socks, towel and stick
- Warm and Light Jackets, yoga pants
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, lip balm, and lotion, Cap, tissues, Sanitizer, and so on.
- Water bottle and some water purification tablets or water purifying bottle.