The Kapuche Lake (Virgin ice-lake) trek begins from Pokhara and passes through several villages and hills. Moreover, we will be able to see stunning views and rich vegetation before reaching Kapuche Lake that lies to the north-east of Kaski.
The trekking route starts from the elevation of 904 meters to 2426m at Kapuche. However, the highest point is Tara Hill Top at 2814m. Kapuche Trek offers some extraordinary views of the snow-clad mountains, verdant hills, and Nepali village culture, among others. The trekking route goes through the villages of Armala, Thak, Aatighar Mauja and Sikles.
A Place like No Other
Kapuche is claimed to be the lowest elevation glacial lake in the world. The temperature of the lake can reach sub-zero during winter, and the surface can turn into ice. The 0.12 Km2 Lake is about 40 meters deep. The lake was named Kapuche by the Gurung communities living nearby which means a surface made of crumbled snow ice.
Kapuche lake trek also offers some fantastic views of the peak of Annapurna along with other Himalayan Mountains. Sometimes, an avalanche brings snow from the slopes that land on the lake. The lake is in a calm environment beneath the high mountains. However, there is no provision of boating, as it is not appropriately explored.
Discover the lifestyle in Remote Villages
Before Kapuche, we will first reach Hugu, which comes two hours earlier. Hugu has an ancient settlement with animal husbandry as a means of livelihood at 2,100 meters elevation. Hugu itself is about 6 hours away from the nearest human village called Sikles.
The itinerary starts from Deep, and we pass human settlements like Aatighar Mauja, Thak, Tara Hill, Sikles and Hugu. We spend a night each in Thak village, Tara Hill Top and Sikles. Moreover, we spend two nights in Hugu. We can choose between lodge stay, homestay, and outdoor camping. Among these places, Tara Hill Top offers the best scenic view. We can visit caves and museums, pass through suspension bridges and witness some magnificent views.
This trek route is one of the least travelled trails. So, you will enjoy this trek without being disturbed by the crowd. This trek is best to do during autumn and spring. Furthermore, we provide this trip package at an affordable price.
You decide what is best and we’ll take care of the rest
- The itinerary mentioned is a standard guideline. It can be readily modified according to your needs and requirements.
- The cost of the trek can also be changed according to your group size, needs, and time boundary.
- You can easily add additional activities into the Itinerary. You just have to let us know before confirming the trip.
- This trip can also start from the capital city of Kathmandu. You have to let us know if you want to begin there. In that case, the Itinerary will extend by a few days. Consequently, the cost will also increase.
- The addition or removal of activities will increase or decrease the cost of the trip respectively. This will be done through mutual understanding between the agency and the client(s).